Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ilocos Norte: 2nd time at Calle Crisologo, Vigan

_DSC0274
It was my second time to set foot on Calle Crisolog, considered as one of UNESCO world heritage site. The first was a great one, as I get to relax all afternoon trying to do panning shot on the graceful horses that’s passing by the street. But, this time it was just about a 15minute walk here.
 _DSC0291
It was raining when we got here. The tropical storm Ambo was wrecking havoc all day. We’re just lucky that it wasn’t raining that hard and there’s almost no one there outside to interfere with us while we’re shooting the place, plus the wet floor adds to a dramatic photo
_DSC0276_DSC0280
Some structures here were being restored. I don’t know if that’s going to be good or bad for the place. But one sure thing that I don’t like about the restoration is that some structure has been modernized inside it. Some structures that pissed me off here were that it becomes a “gimmikan” (a club or some place where people enjoys alcohol). The music was beating with reckless abandon. And it breaks my heart to hear it. I even saw someone from the place walking crossed feet. He was drunk. I mean, come on! This isn’t supposed to be happening, right?
_DSC0293_DSC0292
I just wished that this place may also be seen by the next generation. But not like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment