Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Camarines sur: Mt. Isarog National Park, Nabuntulan falls

Untitled_HDR2
A left turn going up from the Mt. Isarog National Park will get you into another falls, the Nabuntulan waterfall which are the source of Malabsay falls

And, as expected, the stream here is extremely cool. There’s also a lot of small pool here where you can just sit and relax. This one is a little bit smaller compared to the falls below it though.
_DSC0150_DSC0144
It’s another great place for travel and landscape photographers. Although one must be very careful of his gear because the rocks here are very slippery. One wrong move could spell disaster for your equipments.

Another thing is the trail on the way here. It’s rather rougher and riskier than the trail to Malabsay falls. To tell the truth, I was actually having second thoughts going thru here. I was biting my lips in every step that I took here. But, my eagerness to photograph and experience the beauty of the falls prevails anyway.

We didn’t have any other company here, and I can see why. Unlike in the first falls (Malabsay falls) which is a little bit crowded, although this one has smaller pools. We actually felt like we own this huge falls.

The smashing sounds of the water falling endlessly makes it very refreshing to our mind and body, and you’ll really feel very close to nature in here.

One thing I’ve notice though was that, it looks like this Mt. Isarog National Park is already a forgotten place, because I personally didn’t saw anyone who’s maintaining the place, and the facilities that we saw were already abandoned.

There’s still so much beauty in this place that I wish will not let to die.

2 comments:

  1. aaarggghhhh! my weakness!!! slippery stones! hehehe!

    hopefully, they can maintain the beauty of this park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! my very first comment! haha
    Yeah bro, Hopefully they can maintain that because the biodiversity in there is still very rich.

    ReplyDelete